Nowadays, having an email address is a must if you want to have any sort of activity on the internet and that is why there are many different companies which offer email services such as Yahoo and Google. Yahoo Mail and Gmail are the two very popular email services which have over 10 billion registered email addresses. Since Android users need to have Google account to be able to use different Google services, Gmail has managed to become more popular than other email services. Now if you have a Gmail account, you might be having a lot of questions about how to use it or you might have a particular problem with your Gmail that you would want to fix. You well know how forgetting your password can put you through misery. So, do you want to change Gmail password and you don’t know how? In this article, I will walk you through the steps you need to take in order to change your Gmail password.
Change Gmail password
In order to change Gmail password on your mobile phone or on your desktop computer, there are two different ways you can use. As our Android phone is synced with our Google account by default, changing the password to your Google account will change your Gmail password as well. So, if you want to change your password on your Google account or your Gmail, you can take the following steps to do it fast and easy:
- Open Settings app on your phone. Scroll down and find “Accounts“.
- You will see a list of options. Choose “Google” from the list.
- On the next step, you will see your Gmail address. You will need to tap on “Manage Your Google Account“.
- Now you will need to choose “Sign in & Security” to enter the security settings of your account.
- Choose “Password” on the next step.
- On the next step, you will be asked to enter your old password. If you have forgotten your password, enter a wrong password once and then click on “Forgot password” to receive a new password via your inbox. In order to receive the new password, you will need to use one of the security options that you have chosen before. It can be a security question, your phone number, or an alternative email address. However, if you have forgotten your password and you have not defined a security option for your account, there is no way to change Gmail password and all you can do is to create a new Gmail account and say goodbye yo your old account.
- After you have entered your old password in the field, you will be asked to enter your new password. Remember to choose a password of at least 8 characters which contains letters, numbers and symbols in order to maintain the security of your Gmail account.
- On the final step, enter your new password one more time to successfully change Gmail password.
One you need to remember is that when you change Gmail password, all your accounts linked with your Google account will be signed out and in order to use them, you will need to use your new password to sign in to them. Also, you need to do the login process for all the apps that you have created an account on them with your Gmail. However, you do not need to worry for losing your data. All you need to do is to take the login step one more time and nothing else will be changed in your accounts.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. If you want to change Gmail password and still have trouble, please let me know in the comments section.