There are many computer games and mobile games nowadays and they make kids and teens addicted. But when your kids get addicted to these games, their valuable time and health is at stake. A mobile game called Blue Whale game plays mind tricks on teenage victims, persuades them to torture themselves and finally commit suicide. You might think that it is stupid to kill yourself just for a game, but the truth is this suicide challenge has had 130 victims so far! This game makes suicide look like a thrilling experience and a sign of bravery. Parents need to stay alert!
History of Blue Whale game
Blue Whale challenge started 4 years ago in Russia. It started on Vkontakte which is a Russian social media and social networking site. It used to be very popular in Russia. Philip Budeikin who was a psychology student invented this game. He was thrown out of university when it was found that he is the man behind Blue Whale game. But why would a psychology student provoke suicidal thoughts among teens? He explained that he intended on cleaning up the society from the ones who did not value their lives. However, Ilya Sidorov was the masterming behind this suicide challenge who was arrested in Moscow. He was a 26-year-old post man.
What is Blue Whale game
Blue Whale game consisted of 50 levels or 50 challenges. there was a pattern in the game and they were designed to make the victim ready for the final step. There was master behind the game who ordered the victim what to do each day. In started off with self injury and continued to do things which were emotionally and mentally disturbing. The beginning steps were easy to do and the tasks got harder each day. This suicide challenge also included human embroidery as it asked the victim to carve a whale on their wrists with a knife or razor. In 50 days they deprived the victims from having adequate sleep by forcing them to wake up at 4:02. All the steps were actually designed to make the victim ready to commit suicide.
Psychology of Blue Whale game suicide challenge
This challenge targeted people who are emotionally ans mentally weak. The theory behind it was to cleanse society from weak people after all! The game was not available to everyone. Victims were chosen from teens who suffered from depression or other mental illnesses. When people are mentally fragile, they are vulnerable to external stimuli and this is exactly what Blue Whale game was doing.
Certain traits of kids and teens who may become the victim of Blue whale game
- Inability to say no to others
- Being emotionally unbalanced
- Seeking approval of others
- Addiction to earning approval of others
- Not having a sense of identity
They attracted kids and teens with above-mentioned characteristics. But some kids where not so thrilled to continue the game once they have started it. This was the part where people behind this suicide challenge started blackmailing and threatening the victims forcing them to continue. They stole victim’s personal data from their devices and forced them to keep their location services on all the time.
Why Philip Budeikin invented Blue whale game
Philip Budeikin who was a psychology student was arrested as the mastermind behind the suicide challenge of Blue Whale game. He was sentenced to three years of imprisonment. He confessed to inciting at least 16 teenage girls to kill themselves. But why would he do such a thing? He believe that people who are weak deserve to die and that that he was cleansing the society from the weak people. He told the police that his victims were ‘biological waste’ and they were actually ‘happy to die’. They didn’t value their lives so they had to die.
the Blue Whale game tasks : List of all 50 challenges
This is a the list of 50 tasks that the victims had to do
- Carve f57 on your hand and send a photo to the curator
- Wake up at 4:20 and watch the scary movie that the curator sends you
- Make 3 not very deep cuts along your vein and send a photo to the curator
- Draw a whale on a piece of paper and send a photo to the curator
- If you are ready to become a whale cut ‘YES’ on your leg, if not cut yourself many times (as a punishment)
- Task with a cipher
- Carve f40 on your hand and send a photo to the curator
- Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status
- Overcome your fear
- Wake up at 4:20 and go on the roof
- Carve a whale on your wrist and send a photo to the curator
- Watch horror movies all day
- Listen to the music that curator sends you
- Cut your lip
- Poke your hand with a needle several times
- Do something painful to yourself
- Go to the highest roof you can find and stand on the edge
- Go to a bridge and stand on the edge
- Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
- The curator will check if you are trustworthy
- Talk with a whale (another player) over Skype
- Go to a roof and sit on the edge
- Task with a cipher
- A secret task
- Have a meeting with a whale (another player)
- The curator tells you the date of your date and you have to accept it
- Wake up at 4:20 and go to a railroad
- Don’t talk to anybody all day long
- Make a vow that your are a whale
- From this day until day 49- wake up at 4:20, watch a horror movie, listen to the music that the curator sends you, make a cut on your body, and talk to another whale
50. Jump off a high building (end your life)
Download Blue Whale game
some people believe that the Blue Whale game is just out there like any other mobile applications. But the truth is that the Blue Whale game apk was removed from its servers and also from Google Play. This game caused nearly 130 suicides and for the same reason, many countries filtered and removed Blue Whale challenge apk.
In addition, the creators of this game send it via email to the victims but the main source to find and download Blue whale game id from Dark Web. Dark web is a part of the World Wide Web that is only accessible with special software and this allows its users to remain anonymous and untraceable.
So, Blue Whale download is not that easy and needs special expertise but predators will always find their victims one way or another.
what parents need to do about Blue Whale dare game
Parents always need to be aware of the dangers of internet for their kids and teenagers. Monitoring applications have proven to be a perfect tool for monitoring kids’ online activities. Parents need to be friends with their kids so they would be the first person that their kid turns into in case of any problem. They need to be always aware of their kids’ mental well-being as well as their physical health. This way they can avoid their kids from falling into the trap of such suicide challenges such as the Blue Whale game.
What is Pink Whale challenge
the administrators of the Pink Whale game believe that internet can be used for good means and they are trying to spread this idea. Pink Whale challenge levels are contradictory to Blue Whale game tasks and they encourage positive and generous acts. Download Pink Whale game for free on your Android or iOS device. This game encourages the players to help other people, write ‘I am beautiful’, talking to the ones who don’t talk much, etc.