When it comes to the world’s most popular messaging application, WhatsApp is definitely the one. This application has over 1 billion active users from around the world and it is definitely a great tool for making voice and video calls along with instant messaging. This application also allows you to send different formats of files. Although WhatsApp offers a variety of great features, there are many features that users would love to have but they are missing on this application. For this reason, developers have created WhatsApp mod apps offering users a wide range of customization features. In what follows, I will provide you with a list of best modified version of this application that you can download and use on your phone.
What is WhatsApp MOD APK?
Mod is an acronym for the word modified and the mod version of Whatsapp is in fact a modified version from the original WhatsApp application. These modified versions are developed by third-party developers over the official framework of WhatsApp.
So, what would convince you to abandon the official application of this messaging app for the modded version? The answer to this question is customization! WhatsApp users who want to have full control over the app usually prefer to use the modified apps. And of course I must mention that these customization features vary MOD by MOD. So, depending on what you need, you need to choose a modified version that is right for your needs. Here are the top 5 modified versions of this wonderful messaging application.
One of the most popular modded apps for this wonderful messaging application is WhatsApp Plus. This application is very popular and it has recently offered a new version. Here is a list of features you can have if you download this application:
- Hide your last seen status
- Use different themes to customize your WhatsApp
- Have new emoticons
- Change the size limit of sent files from 2, to 50 MB
- Edit the appearance of almost everything in the app
- Hide “is typing”
- Ghost mode
- Set password for the app
- Status up to 250 characters instead of 139
- Hide your status from certain contacts
- Group message counter
- No name will appear when you copy a message from somewhere
- Send audio files of more than 100 MB
- Show the number of online contacts
- And a lot more
As you can see, non of the features mentioned above are available on the official app, but you can have them with the Plus app.
When it comes to modified apps, everyone have heard the name of GBWhatsApp. Once you download GBWhatsApp on your phone, you can access a lot of cool features such as hiding online status or the ghost mode. It offers a load of settings features along with a better UI experience for the users. Here is a list of features offered in the latest version of GBWhatsApp:
- The ability to lock the application in order to protect your private chats from prying eyes
- Have two WhatsApp accounts on one phone simultaenously
- Auto reply feature allows you to send an automatic message to your friends when you are not available to reply them
- Play WhatsApp videos with any music player on your phone
- Hide your online status from everyone or just from a particular contact
- Hide your last seen time, blue tick and second tick
- Hide your is typing… status
- Make a call with unknown numbers
- It supports more languages than the official whatsApp application
- Schedule your friends’ birthdays or any other date you need to remember
- Payment options are available
- Send over 100 images at the same time
- Enable DO NOT DISTURB mode
- Additional emojis
- Send over 100 documents at the same time (instead of 30)
- Add custom themes
- Anti-revoke your messages
- Increased characters for group name
- Send high quality images or videos
- Change your app icon and notification icon
- Delete multiple messages at once
- Upload videos up to 50 MB
- Broadcast messages to 600 people
- Hide view status for your contacts
YoWhatsApp (YOWA) is based on the original application. This means that you will have all the features available on the original application along with some extra features. Here are some of the premium features aviable on this application that are missing on the official app:
- Customize the looks of your application through using WhatsApp themes.
- Fully customizable privacy options to hide/show online status, hide/show blue ticks, and hide/show double ticks, typing status, recording status, etc.
- Protect your chats using the App Lock feature.
- Use the anonymous messaging feature to send messages to anyone even if they are not in your WhatsApp contacts.
- The media privacy feature allows you to hide WhatsApp media from your phone gallery.
- Set wallpapers not only for WhatsApp chats.
- Record voice without long pressing.
- No forward name when you forward a message from someone.
- Anti-ban feature allows you to send unlimited messages without the need to worry about being banned.
- And many other features that you can discover by yourself.
As the name suggests, this mod version of WhatsApp brings a dominant black color to your WhatsApp application. In fact, the modifications that this mod version offers only include how your WhatsApp looks like and nothing more. However, since you are using GB WhatsApp, you definitely have a lot of options which are not available in the official WhatsApp application. So, if you just want to change the looks of the app, you should go for this option, however, if you want to go far beyond than the looks, you should definitely go for other options in this list.
Fouad WhatsApp application is similar to other modified application to some extent but with some differences. Fouad Mods are more secure and private in maintaining the security of your conversations and data. In addition, Fouad WhatsApp themes are very attractive. Furthermore, this application does not need root access to run it, and it also has many other features as listed below:
- The (🚫) tag appears next to deleted messages so that you can identify them
- know which messages have been forwarded
- Increase the time you are allowed to delete messages to 11 hours
- Increase the number of contacts to 100 when forwarding
- Edit your last seen status by seconds, minutes, hours
- Activate the option of admins that allows them to prevent members from sending messages in the group
- Record voice messages with one tap without having to long press
- You can change the text color within the number of messages in the top bar
- You can see the lock background image after selecting it and adjusting it
- Add a “three dots” button to attach documents and others in the YoWA Insert Style.
- Add Slate font in option number
- Ability to add descriptions for groups
- Activate group settings such as preventing admins from changing the name
- The possibility of hiding the name of any contact from within a particular conversation through (click on the name => option to “hide the person’s name”)
- You can disable the notification when you play a voice message, so you will not be confused by the sounds of the new messages on the voice message you hear
- Ability to hide message content automatically from the widget for closed conversations
- Contains a lot of emojis and filters
- Ability to edit images before sending them
- You can add stickers to your photos
- You can write on the photos
- Allows you to make calls and receive high quality video and audio calls
- Informs you of who visited your profile
- Ability to send audio file size up to 100 MB
- Calculate the elapsed time for the last seen time
- Change the color of the name of the group
- You can change the color of the photo icon in the pop-up notification screen
- Supports translation of more than one language, including translation into Persian
- Makes you able to translate messages
- Share messages via Facebook
- Change font size and type
- Send any file type
- Change tick styles and app launch icon (lot of options)
I hope you found this tutorial article useful. If you have any questions or any trouble downloading the file, please don’t hesitate to mention it in the comments section.